Liebster Blog Award Nominee - Me! Part 1...


I now have evidence that some of my blog “bubbles” hit!  Last weekend I received not one, but two nominations for the Liebster Blog Award from FunintheFours and MeatballsintheMiddle blogs.  Thank you! That was certainly unexpected-especially since I didn’t even know there were blog awards!  For those of you not familiar with the Liebster Blob Award, it’s given to a blogger from bloggers as a way to acknowledge and encourage the blogger.  It says, “Hey, I like what you’re doing!” 

My first thought was *PANIC*!  I felt like a fraud because, at that time, I couldn’t even figure out how to change my header or create a button, let alone link back to someone else’s blog. After my mini-panic attack, I pulled out my trusty mantra, “I’ve got to be smarter than...!” (Fill in the blank with the appropriate challenge.)   It’s actually worked for me in a number of situations totally out of my comfort zone and skill set, so I trusted that it would save me again. This time it reads: “I’ve got to be smarter than my blog!” Clearly, it’s time to check out Blog School.

In the introduction of Teaching Blog Traffic School, I was given permission to jump around, use what I needed, revisit what I didn’t understand, and do it all again.  OK, this could work.  It’s how I operate, anyway- big picture down to fine details.  After a full day, Sunday, I was able to add buttons and change my header!  I even went so far as to mess with HTML code, successfully (the 3rd time)!  I now know enough to be a danger to myself and my blog!

I’m feeling pretty good about things, so... I think I’ll brand my store.  New banner, new badge- to match my blog, of course. And while I’m at it, I really should have uniform back covers on my products.  Who knew that could take so long? Procrastination at its finest. 

Two days, post nomination.  Now that my world was momentarily in order, I felt ready to take on the Liebster Award criteria. 

Step 1. Read the rules.
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.  
  2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator.
  4. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  5. Choose 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and link to them on this post.

OK, back to panic (and Blog School)!  I certainly hope there’s not a time limit on how long it takes me to get through the “to do” list for the award.  

Is this a timed test, teacher? 

Still learning!
Pamela